Income Support for Sole Proprietors, Vendor License Holders, Bus and Independent Taxi and Tour Drivers
This plan includes income support to sole proprietors, vendor license holders, independent bus, taxi or tour drivers who are facing revenue losses due to COVID-19.
What is Income Support?
The Income Support Program will supplement the income to qualifying:
- Sole Proprietors
- Vendor License Holders
- Bus Drivers or
- Independent Taxi or Tour Drivers
The St. Maarten Development Fund is the executing entity.
How much Income Support can I be eligible for?
The Income Support Program will pay ANG. 1,150 per month to qualifying individuals for the months of July till October 31st 2020.
What are the criteria for eligibility for Income Support?
To be eligible for “Income Support” you must meet the following criteria:
- Legally registered as a Sole Proprietor or have a permit for public vending (of any kind) or public transportation.
- You do not have employees and you are not a part of payroll.
- You have updated Tax Declaration Forms.
- You have a valid local bank account number.
How do I apply for Income Support?
If you believe you are eligible for “Income Support”, please submit the following:
- A Completed Income Support Application Form.
- Upload a copy of a valid Sint Maarten issued ID or passport (expired no longer than six (6) months).
- Upload a copy of a valid copy of the Chamber of Commerce & Industry registration, this is only required from the sole proprietor (not older than 6 months);
- Upload a copy of a valid (or not expired longer than 6 months as of the date application) vending permit (of any kind), bus or taxi license
- Upload a stamped (Tax Office) copy of the 2018 Income Tax Return up until August 31, 2020. As of September 1, 2020, a stamped copy of the 2019 Income Tax Return will be required.
When can I start applying for Income Support?
- Applicants must submit their COVID-19 Income Support Application Form with supporting documentation as of Saturday, August 22nd 2020 to qualify for payment for July and August.
- Applicants must resubmit their application for the months of September and October before the 15th to qualify for the respective months.
What if I don’t have a valid Chamber of Commerce & Industry?
Chamber of Commerce excerpts can be obtained from the Chamber of Commerce by going to www.chamberofcommerce.sx. You will be guided through the process.
What if I am a Help Driver, can I apply for Income Support?
Yes, submit all required documents and you’re “HELP-DRIVER PERMIT” issued by the government that states your name.
What if I am a Taxi and/or Bus license holder with a Help Driver, can I apply for Income Support?
Yes, submit all required documents and you’re “PERMIT” issued by the government that states your name.
What if I am a Help Driver for a Public Transportation Company and the vehicle I drive caries a “B” plate, can I apply for Income Support?
Yes, submit all required documents and you’re “HELP-DRIVER PERMIT” issued by the government that states your name and the company’s name.
What if I don’t have a valid local bank account number?
Payments will only be made via bank transfer. Other payment arrangements will be provided.
What if I have arrears, outstanding permit fees or pending assessments?
Income Support will not be subject to deductions for outstanding issues pre-COVID-19.
What if I can’t produce a chamber excerpt, vending permit (of any kind), bus or taxi license?
You can submit an objection with sound arguments why you should qualify for Income Support.
Please check the other programs or submit a request for Social Assistance from the Department of Labour & Social Welfare.
For inquiries please email email@example.com.
Step 1: Prepare Documents
Provide digital copies of the following documents:
- Valid Permit (Taxi, Bus, Vending etc) if applicable
- Valid Chamber of Commerce Excerpt if applicable – (No older than 6 months)
- Valid St. Maarten ID or Passport
- Copy of Submitted and Stamped by the Tax Office 2018 Income Tax Return
If you do not have a digital copy of the above documents, please use a scanner or your mobile phone to take a photo of said documents. Ensure that the quality of the documents (scanned, digital and photo images) are legible and clearly identifies the information required.
NB: Individuals that meet all criteria and submit all outlined documentation will be given priority and processed immediately. However, individuals that do not meet all criteria will be assessed on a case by case basis, pending further submissions as deemed necessary.