Income Support for Sole Proprietors, Vendor License Holders, Bus and Independent Taxi and Tour Drivers
This plan includes income support to sole proprietors, vendor license holders, independent bus, taxi or tour drivers who are facing revenue losses due to COVID-19.
What is Income Support?
The Income Support Program will supplement the income to qualifying:
- Sole Proprietors
- Vendor License Holders
- Bus Drivers or
- Independent Taxi or Tour Drivers
The St. Maarten Development Fund is the executing entity.
How much Income Support can I be eligible for?
The Income Support Program will pay ANG. 1,150 per month to qualifying individuals for the months of April, May and June 2020.
What are the criteria for eligibility for Income Support?
To be eligible for “Income Support” you must meet the following criteria:
- Legally registered as a Sole Proprietor or have a permit for public vending (of any kind) or public transportation.
- You do not have employees and you are not a part of payroll.
- You have updated Tax Declaration Forms.
- You have a valid local bank account number.
How do I apply for Income Support?
If you believe you are eligible for “Income Support”, please submit the following:
- A Completed Income Support Application Form.
- Upload a copy of your valid passport/ID.
- Upload a copy of your valid Chamber of Commerce & Industry registration or vending (of any kind), bus or taxi license.
- Upload a stamped (Tax Office) copy of your 2018 Income Tax Return.
When can I start applying for Income Support?
- Applicants must submit their COVID-19 Income Support Application Form with supporting documentation as of April 24th 2020 to qualify for payment for April. Applicants will have until May 10th 2020 to complete their application-forms to be eligible for April 2020 payment.
- Applicants must resubmit their application for the months of May and June before the 22nd to qualify for the respective months.
What if I don’t have a valid Chamber of Commerce & Industry?
Chamber of Commerce excerpts can be obtained from the Chamber of Commerce by going to www.chamberofcommerce.sx. You will be guided through the process.
What if my vending permit (of any kind), bus or taxi license is expired?
Applicants’ whose permits and/or bus and taxi license have expired within the last six months will qualify.
What if I am a Help Driver, can I apply for Income Support?
Yes, submit all required documents and your “HELP-DRIVER PERMIT” issued by the government that states your name.
What if I am a Taxi and/or Bus license holder with a Help Driver, can I apply for Income Support?
Yes, submit all required documents and your “HELP-DRIVER PERMIT” issued by the government that states your name and the company’s name.
What if I am a Help Driver for a Public Transportation Company and the vehicle I drive caries a “B” plate, can I apply for Income Support?
Yes, submit all required documents and your “PERMIT” issued by the government that states your name.
What if my proof of identification (id) is expired?
Applicants whose proof of identification (ID) has expired within the last six months (November 2019 – May 2020) will be accepted.
What if I can’t produce a stamped copy of my 2018 Income Tax Returns?
Provide another form of proof of income for the years 2018 and 2019.
What if I don’t have a valid local bank account number?
Payments will only be made via bank transfer.
In the exceptional case that an applicant does not have a bank account, other payment arrangements will be provided.
What if I have arrears, outstanding permit fees or pending assessments?
Income Support will not be subject to deductions for outstanding issues pre-COVID-19.
What if I can’t produce a chamber excerpt, vending permit (of any kind), bus or taxi license?
You can submit an objection with sound arguments why you should qualify for Income Support.
Please check the other programs or submit a request for Social Assistance from the Department of Labour & Social Welfare.
When can I expect payment once I have completed my applications and uploaded all required documentation?
Once a completed application form is submitted, accompanied with the necessary documents, payments will be made on the last Friday of the respective month.
Step 1: Prepare Documents
Provide digital copies of the following documents:
- Valid Permit (Taxi, Bus, Vending etc) if applicable
- Valid Chamber of Commerce Excerpt if applicable – (No older than 6 months)
- Valid St. Maarten ID or Passport
- Copy of Submitted and Stamped by the Tax Office 2018 Income Tax Return
If you do not have a digital copy of the above documents, please use a scanner or your mobile phone to take a photo of said documents. Ensure that the quality of the documents (scanned, digital and photo images) are legible and clearly identifies the information required.
NB: Individuals that meet all criteria and submit all outlined documentation will be given priority and processed immediately. However, individuals that do not meet all criteria will be assessed on a case by case basis, pending further submissions as deemed necessary.